Overcoming Web Tracking Problems

09May08

For almost three years I have tracked my WebStats for The Dragonfly Meadow web site   http://www.dragonflymeadow.ca/  on the Cirrus Host server http://www.cirrushosting.com/toronto-web-hosting-canada.html using Webalizer. This software was adequate with only the occasional hickup until this spring when it seemed to not work properly at all. It seemed to be reporting web traffic mounts about one-tenth of what they previously were. The Cirrus Host technical support did not say why it wasn’t working (If they even knew – plesk version change, log file size issue, something else?) but did indicate that I switch to their new preferred product – AWStats. I have switched to AWStats and it appears to be working well. We have been averaging about 70 hits a day – a little less than we used to (110 hits/day) but not too bad. I also added Google Analytics to track some key pages: http://www.google.com/analytics  and it also seems to be working well.

Advertisements


No Responses Yet to “Overcoming Web Tracking Problems”

  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: